Quick Zip is a free file compression software, a freeware application. Quick Zip developed by Leung Yat Chun Joseph. It can perform powerful archive operations over a wide range of archive types using a familiar explorer like interface.
Quick Zip is available for Windows XP only. User can download the software at this file compression software website.
Quick Zip Highlight Features:
- Open All Kinds of Archives – Allows user to work with 22 encode and encryption formats and 44 archive extensions including the popular 7z format.
- Script Support – Lets user run automated backups and other operations using the powerful aks and akp scripts.
- Advanced File List – Highlights the files that match the user defined filter.
- Shell Integration – User can drag and drop files and directories from file list to explorer to extract or add.
- Bookmarks – Allows user to add archive bookmarks which perform like their browser bookmarks.
- Search in Archive – User can search files in archives based on the name, directory, size and date.
- Archive Finder – Allows user to extract multiple archives at the same time.
- Multi Extract – User can specify filters (e.g. s>100;n=readme.txt) , only files that matched the selected filter will be shown on the file list.
- Virus Scan Support – Automatically scan for viruses every time user extracts using their anti-virus software or the included free Clam-AV plug-in.
- Mass Renamer – Simple but powerful tool that allows user to rename a group of files using masks.
- Encryption – User can encrypt using Blowfish, Des, 3Dex and AES encoding methods.
- And other tools including Repair Zip, Archive Convert, SFX and Disk Span.
To add more useful information for other users, if you ever experience using the Quick Zip program, I encourage you to write a short review about your experience with software and share it with us.