WinAce is a file compression software with its own powerful compression format ACE and built-in support for other popular compression types like ZIP, RAR and MS-CAB. WinAce is a product of e-merge GmbH. It enables user to compress, decompress, self-extract archive files and much more.
WinAce is available for Windows 2000 and XP. For Mac and Linux users, they call it, “Unace”. Trial version is available to download at this file compression software website.
WinAce Highlight Features:
- Lets user to compress the following formats: ACE, ZIP, LHA, MS-CAB, JAVA JAR
- User can decompress the following format: ACE, ZIP, LHA, MS-CAB, RAR, ARC, ARJ, GZip, TAR, ZOO, JAR
- Supports multi-volume (disk spanning) archives for ACE, ZIP, CAB
- Has self-extracting archives (SFX) for ACE and ZIP
- Comes with password encryption and recovery records for data protection
- Has integrity check feature for ACE, ZIP, LHA, MS-CAB, RAR, ARC, ARJ, GZip, TAR, ZOO, JAR
- Has repair functionality for ACE and ZIP archives
- Has authenticity verification for ACE archives
- User can comment files in HTML, ANSI or ASCII for ACE- and ZIP-Archives
- Has full command line access (compatible with DOS ACE)
- Has detailed information for all archive types
- Comes with Quickviewer for graphic files, Word Documents, HTML pages and ASCII files
- Supports full Drag and Drop function
- Has complete file-management (copying, moving and deleting of files and directories)
- Has optimization of existing archives
- Lets user access to their archives in Windows Explorer and via the context menu (shell extension)
- Has table of contents in the “Properties” panel of ACE and ZIP files (shell extension)
- and much more.
WinRAR is one of the most popular file compression software, aka a powerful archive manager. WinRAR is a product of RARLAB. It can backup user’s data and reduce the size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files downloaded from Internet and create new archives in RAR and ZIP file format.
WinRAR is available for Windows, Mac, Linux and Pocket PC. Trial version is available to download at this file compression software website.
WinRAR Highlight Features:
- Lets user compress files by making smaller archives, saving disk space and transmission costs
- Supports many files most of popular formats like: RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z archives.
- Comes with a graphic interactive interface utilizing mouse and menus as well as the command line interface.
- The “Wizard” mode feature allows instant access to the basic archiving functions. This avoids confusion in the early stages of use.
- Offers the industry strength archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 128 bits.
- Can support files and archive up to 8,589 billion gigabytes in size.
- The number of archived files is, for all practical purposes, unlimited.
- User can create self-extracting and multivolume archives.
- The recovery record and recovery volume feature allows user to reconstruct even physically damaged archives.