PeaZip is a flexible, portable, secure, and free file compression software. PeaZip is a project of Source Forge. It allows user to save archive’s layouts, apply powerful multiple search filters to archive’s content, handle multiple archives at once, export job definition as command line, bookmark archives and folders and much more.
PeaZip is available for Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista and Linux. User can download the software at this file compression software website.
PeaZip Highlight Features:
- Supports up to 87 file extensions
- Full Supported Formats (Read and Write) – 7Z, 7Z-sfx, ARC/WRC, BZ2/TBZ2, custom, GZ/TGZ, PAQ/LPAQ, PEA, QUAD/BALZ, split, TAR, UPX, ZIP
- Supported Read-Only Formats (Browse, Extract, Test) – ACE, ARJ, CAB, CHM, COMPOUND (MSI, DOC, XLS, PPT), CPIO, ISO, Java (JAR, EAR, WAR), Linux (DEB, PET/PUP, RPM, SLP), LHA/LZH, LZMA, Mac (DMG/HFS), NSIS, Open Office files, PAK/PK3/PK4, RAR, SMZIP, U3P, UDF, VHD, WIM, XAR, XPI, XZ, Z/TZ
- Supported Repair Format – ARC
- Supports multiple search filters
- Comes with 7Z’s AES256 encryption, ZIP WinZip’s AE encryption based on AES256, FreeARC encryption based on AES256, Blowfish, Twofish256 and Serpent256, and PEA’s AES256 EAX authenticated encryption
- Can decrypt PKZip’s AES encryption
- User can create and extract multiple archives at once
- Lets user create self-extracting archives
- Allows user to export job definition as command line
- User can save archive’s layouts and bookmark archives and folders
- User can also scan and open with custom applications compressed and uncompressed files
- Other features: strong encryption, robust file copy, split/join files (file span), secure data deletion, compare, checksum and hash files, system benchmark, generate random passwords and keyfiles.
Chinese, Czech, Dutch, English, French, Galitian, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Sinhala, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese and other languages.
Read more about such programs in our next articles.